Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Tacos Baby Style"

So I ran across these little cuties on pinterest and thought they would would be a perfect way to get my picky kiddos to eat dinner. Because everyone knows that if it's cute and baby-like it taste better, naturally... Well in this case it was true. I can't remember another meal where we didn't have leftovers due to the kids needing seconds and even thirds! Here it is...



Ingredients: 

1 lb taco seasoned ground beef or Turkey
Pkg of wonton wrappers
2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
Sour cream (optional)
Bell pepper (optional)
Onion (optional)
Minced garlic (optional)

Directions: 

Step 1: pre-heat oven to 425 degrees

Step 2: brown the ground beef and season it according to the taco seasonings instructions.

Step 3: push the wonton wrappers gently into muffin tin. Bake for two minutes
Step 4: fill wonton with meat and cheese and bake for an additional 6 minutes or until wrappers are golden brown.

Top with anything you would regularly have on a taco...

Optional: I used the same pan I seasoned my meat in and sauteed peppers, onions and garlic until slightly blackened to top my taco bowls. Aren't they pretty? I served these with Spanish rice and they were delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment