Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Lorax Dinner Movie Night


I have come to a conclusion about this movie.  You either loved it or hated it.  Everyone I spoke to about it found no gray area.  Loved or hated.  I am one that loved it.  As far as movies that added to the length of the original text, this one did a pretty good job at keeping the core story there.  This has always been one of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories so I was pretty sure I was going to be disappointed with the film adaptation.  However, I loved the corny musical style of it and it is a huge hit at our house.  My one year old has never responded to a movie like this one.  Dancing, clapping, cuteness...

Here's the meal.

I didn't want to bake an entire batch of cupcakes so I made muffins instead.  The Truffela trees are made out of lollipop sticks and cotton candy.  The flower is made out of leftover candy melt I had from making the Lorax mustaches.
Truffela fruit (grapes), Brown Barbaloots (chocolate teddy grahams) and their favorite snack marshmallows, humming fish (goldfish), humming fish in gluppity glup (goldfish spaghetti-o's), muckity muck (baked beans), The Onceler's money salad, and a tree stump (hamburger).
The barbaloots were so yummy...

and quite possible the cutest little Lorax ever.  The mustaches are made from a candy mold I already had.  Now I know that I did not accurately portray the Lorax's mustache (his is yellow).  I only had orange on hand and after the morning I had there was no way on this planet I was taking these three wild things into the store for yellow candy-melts.  Adelyn was very upset and quick to point out my error.  Hence why she is not in a Lorax mustache picture.  I couldn't be frustrated with her though, because deep down it intensely bothered me too, lol!  So let us pretend it is yellow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment