Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Journaling...

I have always had a desire to write but haven't always known the best medium in which to or realistic habitual way to keep it up. Jason has encouraged me for a long time to journal and I've always used the excuse of not being able to be consistent enough, so what's the point. However, recently my wonderful grandma brought some of her journals with her to a family function and a new spark and motivation was ignited in me. I thought it was so neat that she could look up our birthdays twenty years ago and have a brief synopsis of what was going on in our family's life. I felt what a great gift that would make for my kids and my grandkids one day. So, for Valentine's Day this year Jason gifted me with two archival leather journals, one for each of my girls. I didn't know what shape they would take. I thought maybe writing a brief line or two about just the events of the day, but anyone who knows me or has read this blog... knows I'm wordy. Mine evolved into letters. Not necessarily long but a descriptive personal letter to my girls detailing their day, developments, attitude and just plain silliness that is a blessing of this age. I don't put the pressure on myself to feel obligated to write everyday. I think that's why it works. When a note worthy event happens and I have a moment to breathe I share it with my girls, one day I believe they will enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment