Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Personal Pizzas...

I stumbled across a variation of this recipe on www.eatbetteramerica.com and it has quickly become a go to favorite at our house. 1. because it's cheap 2. because it's fast and easy 3. because it can be a much healthier version then the real deal!

K, here is what you need for your basic cheese pizza...

Flat Out Flatbread Healthy Grain (I find it at Shop & Save and usually if you can find it there you can find it anywhere!).  Each package will make 7 pizzas.  You could also use pita bread.
Pizza sauce
Reduced fat Mozzeralla cheese
Parmesan cheese

Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees.  On an aluminum covered baking sheet place flat bread, coat with about 2 heaping spoonfuls of pizza sauce and two handfuls of shredded cheese.  Top with Parmesan.  Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Now as far as toppings, the skies the limit and that's why these are so versatile and fun.  One of my favorites is pesto chicken.  I use a pound of cut up boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 in. chunks.  I saute it in a frying pan with a tbsp of olive oil and a liberal amount of minced garlic.  Once cooked through, I add regular refrigerated basil pesto and simmer for a few minutes.  I add it to my pizza before adding the cheese. Yum!  Jason has made his pizza using BBQ chicken, grilled onions and replaced the pizza sauce with BBQ sauce.  The girls always request the basics; peperoni, bacon bits, mushrooms and/or black olives.  Jason has requested that next time we make hot wing chicken pizza!

I make simple cheese pizza for the girls when I'm out of lunch ideas.  I made the mistake today thinking that Adelyn and Marcella could actually split one!  Best part is absolutely no clean up if you use aluminum foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment