Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Girl's Surprise Halloween Breakfast...

Adelyn has been talking about Halloween non-stop, and I do mean non-stop, for about a month now.  Last night before bed, she could hardly control her wiggly squirmy body in anticipation for the big event the next day.  And it occurred to me, there is no way this little monster is going to make it till dark.  She needs a festive distraction earlier in the day to 1.) keep her mind busy and off of the evening and 2.) keep her from asking me about a bagillion times, "Is it time yet?".  So, once I put her down I took a last minute trip to Target to grab some CHEAP decorations.  Bad thing is they were already clearing out Halloween stuff and setting up for Christmas (don't even get me started on this pet peeve of mine).  Good thing is everything was clearance!  I got a table cloth, cob webs, plates, napkins and glow necklaces all for $5!  Awesome.  When I got home I started decorating for the girl's Surprise Halloween Breakfast.  I cut out bats and a black silhouette cat out of construction paper and hung them around the table.  I made spiders out of some black craft pom poms and pipe cleaners I had laying around.  I set out the plates and napkins for the special breakfast I had made them.  I used my pumpkin cupcake mold to make jack-o-lantern blueberry muffins.  Threw some mini pumpkins I had laying around on the table for a center piece and voila, Surprise Halloween Breakfast Party ready in 20 minutes for under $10.





Jason really wanted to see Adelyn's reaction and was bummed he was going to miss it because he had to leave for work.  So, since Marcella was already up and raring to go we decided to wake Adelyn up a little early too so Daddy could enjoy as well.  Words can not describe how excited Adelyn was.  It was one of those moments I will have in my memory forever.  For a split second as she was taking it all in, she was actually speechless.  And for those of you that know Adelyn, this I don't think has ever happened.  Then she made up for lost time telling us about everything she was seeing.  Giddy, just giddy.  Loved it.  Can't wait to do it again next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment