Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ok, Ok... I know I'll stop with the pumpkin stuff.  But this is one of my favorite traditions.  I love an evening of homemade chili, hot apple cider, family, friends, pumpkin carving and it's wonderful bi-products; happy faces, stuffed tummies, spooky jack-o-lanturns and glorious salty pumpkin seeds.  This is the recipe I use every year but I occasionally like to change up the seasonings...




After carving out the inside of my pumpkins, this year was an especially good yield, I place the pumpkin seeds in a strainer.  While running water over them, I try to pick out all the "pumpkin guts" that made it in with them.  Once I have them all cleaned out, I coat them with olive oil while still in the colander.  I spread the seeds out flat on a baking sheet and coat with season salt and another seasoning of choice.  You can use the seasonings sparingly or extra salty like I like them :) This year I chose a Pico de gallo hispanic seasoning.  I bake them in the oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15, at 350 degrees.

Pure yumminess!  Oh, why can't there be a pumpkin harvest year round? Would love to hear some other pumpkin seed recipes!

1 comment: