Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Candy Apples

Ok... here's my disclaimer on these.  They are ugly but they are delicious.  Every dessert I make seems to have that disclaimer.  I feel like I have to be present when serving anything I make to convince people to see through the sloppiness of it.  However, these were incredible, simple, cheap and delicious.

I splurged on honey crisp apples, because I have tried several different types of apples when making these and honey crisp is in a class all their own.  I just bought a bag of Bach carmel chews.  This bag came with the Popsicle sticks.  I melted it according to the directions on the package.  I took several different kinds of chocolate candies from the Halloween candy I bought.  I hammered Twix, Snickers, Peanut M&Ms, KitKat and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on individual plates.  I could have done this with a food processor to get a more refined coating and it probably would have looked better, but... I'm lazy.  If I was making it for people other than my family I would have put a little more time into their appearance :) After rolling the apple in the melted carmel, I rolled it in the crushed candy.  I decided to not go all the way up to the stick with the carmel coating because I was adding such rich chocolate candy I thought it might be too much, if there is such a thing.  Fantastic.  Best ones I ever made.  It was so filling I'm seriously considering skipping the conventional dinner tomorrow and settling for one of these bad boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment