Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Big Letter L...and It's Not for Loser...

One of my latest creations for the home was inspired from a post on pinterest.  I have always loved the simple, classy, and modern look of monogrammed letters.  This was a unique twist.  They had wrapped a cardboard letter in a fun color yarn and it looked adorable.  I have been debating what to put as my focal point in my living room above my couch.  I love collaged pictures but I needed some color.  I thought, "I have a college degree with an emphasis is art... I can tackle yarn."

So, I ventured down to JoAnnes (JoAnne and I are getting really tight), and discovered this wonderful oversized letter.  Fantastic two feet of blank crafting canvas.

I found some vibrant green yarn that matched an accent color in some pillows I made and thought it would look really nice against the neutral paint color in that room.   Let the wrapping begin.

Armed with a glue gun, my yarn, gigantor letter and some quiet time while the girls were napping I began my endeavor.  The hardest part was figuring out a way to make it look cohesive, intentional and neatly done.  It took some creative thinking but I figured out a way to loop the corners and angles of the letter so that I wouldn't have to cut my yarn.  I used the glue gun only on the corners where I changed wrapping directions.


Two hours later, I had my wall decor.  I have to say it was strangely calming.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  Now if the man and I could just agree on the frame color for the surrounding collage.  What color would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. The color of the yarn or I love green Turquoise together. That would look really good. Looks like everything is coming alone really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go with an alternating brown little darker green and tan

    ReplyDelete