Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Prego Italian Creation...

There are numerous not-fun side effects during pregnancy but one of my favorites is cravings.  I am free to try and make all the crazy combo yummies that I would be too calorie conscious or timid to try.  Pregnancy opens the senses to a creativity that only hormones can muster, an urge to try new, strange fusions of flavor.  Oh, happy eating.

I was recently asked to make a main dish for a holiday potluck and I was feeling pasta.  I ventured to the market and started collecting a cart full of ingredients that all just sounded good.  A little bit of sundried tomatoes (I can eat those things like candy), spinach, glorious garlic, italian dressing, chicken, garlic, fettuccine, alfredo sauce and did I mention garlic?  I went home and immediately started creating this masterpiece that I am bestowing the honorable title of Hit the Spot Fettuccine.

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
3 TBSP olive oil
1 package of sun dried tomatoes
1 bag of baby spinach
6 TBSP of minced garlic (roasted garlic cloves would be incredible but I was too lazy)
1 package of fettuccine
2 jars of Classico Alfredo Sauce

Step 1:  Marinate the chicken breast overnight in the italian dressing and 2 tbsp of garlic
Step 2:  Cook fettuccine according to the instructions.
Step 3:  In an electric skillet or large skillet over a medium flame, heat 2 tbsp of oil.  Saute chicken until no longer pink.  Set aside.
Step 4:  In same skillet, add remaining oil.  Saute sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and remaining garlic until spinach is soft.  Add the chicken back in.

Step 5:  Add alfredo sauce to the saute mixture.  Let simmer for ten minutes.
Step 6: Combine everything for one wonderful concoction.

I don't know the sentiments of everyone else but this nutrient devouring fatty thought it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment