Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Update on My Apple Cake Pops and Cheerio Bracelets...

For those of you who missed it, I planned on making some cute snacks for my little friends at Mom's Group this week.  Check out the blog entry to keep up :)



My apple cake pops turned out awesome!  I personally thought they were adorable!  I was a little disappointed in my green candy melt coloring.  There weren't really a true apple color but we'll let that slide.  They were a lot easier than I thought to mold into an apple shape and I felt you could really tell what they were :)  I wrapped the styrofoam in leftover apple fabric.  Adelyn's first words when she woke up this morning were, "Are the cake pops ready to eat Mom."  I said, "Of course, but not for breakfast," and gave her her menu to see options instead :)



The edible bracelets turned out as well but I had some obstacles to figure out.  For one, I tried to get too fancy and use flavored Cheerios; apple, cinnamon and yogurt.  What I didn't factor was that their holes are smaller and were not as easy to get strung on the licorice rope (I used Twizzlers pull and peel).  So it took some time.  Instead of trying to pull the knot tight (it kept snapping), I knotted it loosely and smooshed it together to hold.  Where the real issue came in was i put them in an air tight container over night and when I went to photograph the next morning the licorice was falling apart.  The moisture, I guess, from the cereal made them brittle.  So, I had to re-string a bunch this morning.  However, besides all that, the kids and moms absolutely loved the convenience of them and I will be making them again :)

I'm feeling confident.  What to tackle next?

No comments:

Post a Comment