Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Love Downtown Kirkwood

If I had unlimited funds and a super duper handy husband there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that Kirkwood would be where I call home. I love the charm of the older homes with mature trees and the small quaint feel of the historic downtown area. I have a little dream of being able to live within walking distance of the Farmer's Market there and cute boutique shops. But reality check, teachers don't pull in 6 digits and its just material wants anyways. That being said, I do still enjoy spending a lot of time there and taking advantage of all the free family friendly events that they hold!

This is the site I refer to for everything happening in Kirkwood.

www.downtownkirkwood.com

Today what caught my attention is the Kirkwood Farmers' Market Dog Days Celebration. I fully intend on going. A free dog parade for cute pet (and people) watching and a chance to spoil my boy with dog related gifts. My kids LOVE seeing doggies and it's like a free petting zoo :) and Jason can get his puppy fix out of his system... It's being held Saturday, September 24 starting at 9 a.m..

Also looking forward to the Fall Festival of Local Flavor on Oct. 8th. It's a kickoff to everything I love...Fall and um...Fall. They will have free children craft activities between 11 and two. There will also be live music and a local art show. The Farmers' Market Pumpkin Patch is an incredible FREE fall play area for kids. Last year they had a fort with hay, corn kernel play box, tractor tricycles and swings. Not to mention all the incredible pumpkins! Took Adelyn there at least twice a week to take advantage of the beautiful weather.

Lastly, I am already pumped about the Kirkwood Halloween Walk on Thursday, October 27 from 5-7. We attended last year and had a blast! The kiddos dress up (I thoroughly enjoy seeing all the costumes) and trick or treat at the local businesses in Downtown Kirkwood. Last year they had a children's musical performance and he was fantastic. The kids loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment