Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Salmon and Spinach Salad

Made this the other night for dinner.  With the craziness of Adelyn yelling and trying to feed her baby sister large choking hazard chunks of salmon and Marcella screaming and throwing them, I forgot to take a picture... So I borrowed this one (I'm biased but I think mine looked better).  Next time I make it I will preserve its glorious goodness through photograph.  This recipe serves four.   One serving is under 350 calories and full of all kinds of nutritional goodness  :) 


Maple-Dijon Dressing
1/3 cup low fat maple-flavored syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil


Salad
1 lb salmon fillet
4 cups baby spinach
1 hard-cooked egg cut into wedges
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
Freshly ground black pepper if desired


1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.


2. Cut salmon crosswise into 4 sections.  Place on broiler pan. Brush on the dressing until each fillet is coated. Set aside the remaining dressing for the salad.


3. Broil the salmon for 10 to 15 minutes.  Until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.


4. Slide a pancake turner between salmon and skin to remove each piece from the skin.

5. In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients together and pour in remaining dressing.  Place salmon on top.


I served mine with a side of brown rice.  Tasted incredible.  Even if you don't care for fish I think you would enjoy this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment